Like believing I’ll ever break 70, I long ago gave up on the notion of New Year’s resolutions.
But, like every day on the first tee offers at least the chance of doing the impossible, what’s the harm in making a few golf-related resolutions while waiting for the PGA Tour guys to show up on TV from Kapalua.
Therefore, I hereby resolve in 2008 to:
- Never dress like Rory Sabbatini;
- Never dress like Christina Kim;
- Play one 18-hole round this year without a double bogey;
- Quit leaving four-footers short of the hole (yeah, right);
- Charge caddie fee to anyone who insists on taking me stroke-by-stroke through the 86 they shot at the beach, or anywhere else;
- Not to require oxygen every time I have to hit a bunker shot;
- Practice putting more often, hit balls less often;
- Try not to roll my eyes when somebody insists on telling me how far they can hit a 7-iron;
- Figure out why I still have a 3-iron in my bag;
- Try not to have a different swing thought on every swing;
- Listen to Boo Weekley every chance I get.