Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Show of faith keeps Rock Barn on tour schedule

When the 2010 Champions Tour schedule was released Tuesday afternoon, the first thing I looked for was to see if the Greater Hickory Classic at Rock Barn was on the list.

It is and it was a nice surprise.

There's no guarantee the tournament in Conover will be played next fall but the fact the tour put it on the schedule in late September/early October is a show of faith that Don Beaver, Jim Correll and the others who run the event will resolve the sponsorship issue that threatens the event's future.

"We are so close," Correll, the tournament's executive director, said. "It's one of those things where until we dot the final Is and cross the final Ts we're not quite there. But we're extremely optimistic."

There are bigger Champions Tour events played in larger markets but there's a nice feel to the Rock Barn event. It's comfortable, the players enjoy it and it celebrates the tour.

It's not trying to be the Quail Hollow Championship. It's succeeding in being a good place for the Champions Tour to spend a week each year, tell some stories, sign some autographs and play some golf.

It's a good thing to continue.

1 comments:

sanfrans said...

Hello Sir/Madam,

I visited your website. When I searching for our site. The information is very much standard and presentation of pages is very legible. My site is also about San Francisco Tours, and San Francisco Bus Tour is also available.
If you give my links on your site it will be useful for both of us. Your site contains much other information that gives more knowledge and many more ideas about the topics you have given in your site.
The Information present in your site is very informative and it gives a wide knowledge about many things. I was very much impressed with your site. Its guide me more.
Our Site Information:

Title: San Francisco Tours

Url:http://www.sanfranshuttletours.com/sightseeing-tours/shuttle-tour.htm

My Email Id: sanfrancisco.blogs@gmail.com

if you have any questions please feel free to email me and I will respond promptly.

Let me know once you added my link.

--
Thanks,
Sanfrans