Thursday, August 04, 2011

Rory: 'I Love Quail Hollow'

   It looks as if we're going to be seeing more of Rory McIlroy on the PGA Tour next year which is a very good thing on a number of levels, not the least of which is it probably assures his return to the Wells Fargo Championship.

   McIlroy said this week he's "leaning towards" rejoining the PGA Tour which requires him to play 15 events, something he chose not to do this season in part because he didn't care for the FedEx Cup playoffs at the end of the season.

   What McIlroy does like -- and what appears to be the trump card in his decision process -- is playing places like Quail Hollow Club.

   "I feel as if my game really suits playing courses over here. I love Quail Hollow, Memorial, Akron. You play Match Play, Honda, Doral, Masters," McIlroy said Wednesday prior to the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational.
 
   "You have your favorite events, and most of my favorite events seem to be on this side of the pond. And my game suits it over here. I'm very comfortable over here.


   "I'd like to give it a go again and obviously last more than one year and really see how it goes."

  

0 comments: