Thursday, April 12, 2012

Boo Weekley is on the way back

Boo Weekley is on the way back.


He's at Harbour Town this week, playing in the RBC Heritage which he won in both 2007 and 2008, his only two PGA Tour victories. And if he's not exactly Davis Love III at Harbour Town (Love has five tartan jackets), he's the next best thing.

And Boo is back on good terms with golf.

He spent last year dealing with a shoulder issue that ultimately required surgery. He made just 11 of 25 cuts and though Boo led the PGA Tour in greens in regulation, he fell out of the top 125 money winners.

But with a tie for third at the Puerto Rico Open earlier this year and a tie for 14th at the Shell Houston Open, Weekley's game is coming back.

"So far, it's been a great year. I'm ready to play some golf," Weekley said.

He's changed to TaylorMade equipment this year, made a couple of other tweaks and feels fresh. When he hits shots now, there's no fear.

"Last year I didn't feel confident in with what I had and what I was doing in my swing and where I was trying to get the ball to go," Weekley said.

"I was afraid to dig it up. I drive into the ground and there were weeks out there I'd have to go get cortisone shots because I so afraid to dig it out. I don't like playing golf like that. I was playing scared. I was scared to fire it at a pin. I was scared of getting (the club) stuck and the next thing you know, you're tearing it up."

It's all good now.

"It feels good again," Weekley said.



0 comments: