Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Bubba On Tiger: "(He's) Going The Wrong Way"

   Bubba Watson isn't one for swing coaches or sports psychologists.

   And he thinks Tiger Woods may be better off simplifying his approach to golf.

   "I'll just go ahead and say it, I think Tiger is going the wrong way," Watson said today at Quail Hollow. "I think he's so mental right now with his swing.

   "Just go out there and play golf. He used to hit shots, used to bomb it, used to do all that stuff. In 2000 and '97 I think he did pretty good. He won the Masters by 48 shots or whatever he won it by. But I think sometimes he gets carried away on that."

   Woods, of course, is transforming his swing with the help of coach Sean Foley. Watson, meanwhile, has won three times in the past year, doing it in his own unique way. It wouldn't work for everyone but it's working for Bubba.

5 comments:

Was_it_for_this_my_life_I_sought? said...

Look, Bubba has plenty of his own issues. He didn't "call Tiger out" or anything. He simply gave his opinion. Ask him again in ten minutes, you may have a different answer. Just sayin.

SCbillsfan said...

This is why I love Bubba Watson. He does not have a swing coach and has never taken a golf lesson. Yet he wins tournaments. You have to love him.

Anonymous said...

Today's golfers, despite all their skills, don't win tournaments.....they just happen to be the last to lose.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Bubba!

Anonymous said...

Tiger will always be your daddy Bubba start winning some majors before you start giving advice to someone who has 14