Tuesday, May 01, 2012

It's Bigley 2.0 at Quail Hollow this year

Bryan Bigley knows what to expect this year. The groundskeeper/mini-tour golfer Monday qualified into the Wells Fargo Championship for the second straight year, shooting 64 at Carolina Golf Club to play his way in and avoid a 10-man playoff for the final two spots (Frank Adams III and Nick Flanagan survived the nine extra holes). Bigley has been playing eGolf Professional Tour events this year and felt good going into the qualifier. Back at Quail Hollow, he feels more at home than last year when he shot 78-76 to miss the 36-hole cut. "Last year, I was still trying to find the range and find the locker room," Bigley said. "Having been here before, I know more what to expect." Last year, Bigley's goal was to make the cut. This year, he wants more. "My goal is to compete," Bigley said. "Making the cut would be huge because it would make me some money and get me through some pre-qualifying (events) but I really want to compete."

0 comments: