Thursday, April 09, 2009

For Tiger, it's a matter of perspective


Tiger Woods was just answering a question.

He was asked Tuesday about whether he feels the same this year as he did last year when he admitted he was thinking about winning the Grand Slam.

Did the knee injury and the eight months off change his approach?

“Well, I know I can do it,” he said. “I’ve done it. It’s hard for me to sit here and tell you that it can’t be done, because I’ve done it before.”

For a guy who gets criticized for not being forthcoming enough in interviews, that sounds pretty clear to me.

To be clear, Woods didn’t say he expects to win the Grand Slam this year. Only that he thinks it can be done.

It’s a ridiculous long shot to think Tiger – or anyone – can win the four majors in the same year.

Woods hasn’t won the Masters since 2005 (some drought, huh?). But if you can’t imagine it, you can’t do it.

I like the way Tiger thinks.

0 comments: